Quick walks, day walks, long & short hiking tracks
& wonderful tramping tracks all over New Zealand
Every single track is FREE to walk - no guide necessary
Browse our website using the sitemap below:
- Contact us New Zealand Tramping Tracks are your hiking experts. You can contact us on this page.
- FAQ Got questions about Hiking New Zealand walks? This page has all the answers for those interested in tramping New Zealand.
- Home See the best walking tracks, day walks, short hikes, tramping tracks and tramps all around New Zealand. All walks are free and walking is good for the health. Follow the track map and get your hiking boots out and walk NZ now.
- North Island Walking Tracks See the best walking tracks in the North Island. This page if full of tracks suitable for walking, tramping and hiking all around the North Island. View stunning photos, follow the track map, bush walks and more.
- Auckland Walking Tracks Looking for Auckland walking tracks? See lots of walks in Auckland, from short walks to day walks. Auckland has some fantastic walking tracks, go explore.
- Auckland Waterfront Walk to Mission Bay Auckland Waterfront Walk to Mission Bay walking track, easy walk with lovely sea views. Reward yourself after the walk at one of the many great cafes in Mission Bay, Auckland.
- Awhitu Regional Park Inner Harbour and Farm land Walk
- Long Bay Walking Track Long Bay walking track, Auckland. Stunning sceneries, tons of photos, map and much more on this Long Bay walking track in Auckland
- Mahurangi West Tramp Mahurangi West Tramp in Auckland is a great walk, only 2 hours of medium tramping over farm land, walking along beaches and a bit of hiking up a hill, all good for the heart. Mahurangi West walking track is north of Auckland.
- Rangitoto Island Walk Rangitoto Island Walk - walk to the top and enjoy the fantastic views across to Auckland city and beyond. There are short walks and longer walks to suit everyone on Rangitoto Island.
- Stillwater Beach Walk Track highlights: walk around Dacre Cottage, followed by walking along the Stillwater beach coast line and a section of coastal bush scrub. If you have not experienced the thrill of walking around an estuary this is the walk for you.
- Tawharanui Beach walk at low tide Hike along grassy farm tracks, just watch out for the changing tides on the beach part of this walk at Tawharanui. Lovely views out to Kawau Island and Whangaparaoa Bay.
- Tawharanui Ridge Walk 4 hours of great easy walking along grassy farm tracks. Walk right past the cows! Walking the ridge you’ll see fantastic views. Tawharanui ridge track is awesome. Check out the photos of this walk.
- Mt Zion Track The Mt Zion Track in Piha Beach, Auckland is one of the best walks in Auckland. The scenery is dramatic on this walk, from high mountains to black sand hills. Mt Zion is a nice medium walk of 3 hours 40 mins.
- Hawkes Bay Walks & Hikes See the best walks in the Hawkes Bay. Lots of photos of all the walks and hikes around the Hawkes Bay. From an easy 30 min walk to a great 2 hour medium, its all here in the Hawkes Bay.
- Pera's Walk - Lake Tutira Walk to the top along Pera’s Walk, Lake Tutira for stunning views across the lake & beyond. Camp by the lake if you like. There’s lots of native birds on this walk and even trout in the lake. Try this great wal
- White Pine Bush Reserve Walk Way The White Pine Bush walk is excellent for wheelchair use as it’s lightly sealed. Take the whole family and enjoy walking the track through some amazing trees, lots of Nikau palms and plenty of native birds on this walk.
- Rotorua Tramps, Walks & Hikes Looking for fantastic tramping & walking in Rotorua? See the best walking tracks in Rotorua here. Great photos along all the walking tracks. From forest walks to lake edge and hot pools, it’s all in Rotorua.
- Blue Lake Walk The Blue Lake in Rotorua has clear blue waters and is popular with water skiers, swimmers and boaties.
- Lake Okaro Track highlights around Lake Okaro: Very quiet relaxing country outlook. Also a very popular trout fishing lake. Watching them fly fish for trout is great fun on this walking track at Lake Okaro.
- Rainbow Mountain Reserve Walk Rainbow Mountain Reserve Walk. Walk to the top and see Mt Ruapehu and Rotorua lakes.
- Redwoods Grove Walk The Redwood Grove is dedicated to the memory of the men and women of the New Zealand Forest Service who died in the two World Wars.
- Kerosene Creek Kerosene Creek is a must see. You can swim in the hot water but you will come out a bit smelly. Walking into the swimming hole at Kerosene Creek is easy and quick. Well worth the little walk to get there.
- Whirinaki Forest Tramp Track highlightson the Whirinaki Forest walk: Terrain varies from gentle river flats to narrow gorges, waterfalls, and heavily dissected uplands with a forest cover of dense podocarps and high altitude beech. The Whirinaki forest walking track is a nice e
- Taupo Walking Tracks Taupo walking tracks including, Tongariro National Park, Waikato River walking tracks and many more walks around Taupo.
- Butchers Hot Pool Butchers Hot Pool is one of the unique New Zealand walks. Get your hiking boots on and have fun!
- Mt Ruapehu Sky Field Walk Mt Ruapehu Sky Field Walk - awesome walk, fab views and a great time hiking.
- Silica Rapids Walk, Mt Ruapehu Silica Rapids Walk, Mt Ruapehu - awesome walk, fab views and a great time hiking.
- Tama Lakes Walk, Tongariro Tama Lakes Walk, Tongariro National Pak - awesome walk, fab views and a great time hiking.
- Taranaki Falls Walk, Mt Ruapehu Taranaki Falls Walk, Mt Ruapehu - awesome walk, fab views and a great time hiking.
- Tawhai Falls Walk Mt Ruapehu The water in the stream starts from up at the top of the Bruce ski field
- Tauranga Tramping Tauranga Tracks, Walks & Hikes are covered on this page. If you love hiking take a look at this collection of New Zealand best day walks.
- Dalys Clearing Dalys Clearing
- Mt Maunganui Base Track Mt Maunganui Base Track - awesome walk around the bottom of the Mount. Tons of great photos. Get your hiking boots on, this is great.
- Mt Maunganui Summit Track Mt Maunganui Summit Track - awesome walk to the top of the Mount. Tons of great photos. Great for lovers of hiking.
- Wairere Falls Wairere Falls, Narrow gorge, waterfall and fantastic views of the Waikato from the top of the 153 m high falls in the Kaimai Range
- Wellington Walks Wellington Tracks, Walks & Hikes are covered on this page of hiking information. Take a look at this selection of New Zealand Walks.
- Atiwhakatu Hut Walk Atiwhakatu Hut Walk goes through thousands of acres of prime NZ Native bush. Gallons of fresh pure mountain water flow into the Atiwhakatu river. Simply stunning walk.
- Castle Point Hill Tramp Castle Point Hill Tramp - great tramp or hike near Wellington. Get your hiking boots on for some great New Zealand walks.
- Castle Point Light House Walk Castle Point Light House Walk, great tramp or hike near Wellington. Get your hiking boots on for some great New Zealand walks.
- Sinclair Heads Seal Colony Walk Sinclair Heads Seal Colony Walk, great tramp or hike near Wellington. If you love hiking take a look at this.
- South Island Walks & Tramping The South Island has amazing walks. Take a look at the other South Island walks on this page.
- Kaikoura Coast Seal Colony Walk Once out of the car, you can stand on the edge of the road and look down at the seals.
- Ohau Waterfall Walk Young seal pups make their way up the Ohau stream to the Ohau water fall. It's an awesome site to see up to 50 baby seals playing in the Ohau waterfall.
- West Coast Walks Excellent walks all around the West Coast. Great day tramps in the West Coast. Hike the West Coast.
- Gold Miners Inland Pack Track Gold Miners Inland Pack Track from Punakaiki. Great 10k walk from Punakaiki village.
- Punakaiki Caves Walk Punakaiki Caves Walk is an excellent short walk not far from Punakaiki.
- Punakaiki Rocks Walk Punakaiki Rocks Walk. The limestone rocks were formed by mild acid rain, high winds and sea water 30 Million years ago.
- Nelson Tramping & Walks Great tramping walking and hiking around the Nelson area. Short walks to day long hikes in Nelson.
- Halswell Quarry Walk Halswell Quarry, which played a major role in the development of Christchurch, ceased production in 1990 after 140 years of quarrying.
- Hawks Lookout Walk Hawks Lookout Walk has a fantastic view of the Riwaka Valley and out to Motueka and the coast. Hawks Lookout walk is great for stretching the legs as it's not too long.
- Pelorus Bridge Walk Pelorus Bridge Walk near Nelson. Great tramping, walking and hiking around the Nelson area.
- Pelorus Bridge, Water Falls Tramp Pelorus Bridge, Water Falls Tramp, Nelson, New Zealand – Nelson tramp. Stunning sceneries, tons of photos, map and much more
- Pelorus Circle Walk Pelorus Circle Walk, Nelson, New Zealand – Nelson tramp. Stunning sceneries, tons of photos, map and much more
- Pupu Springs Walk Walk to Pupu Springs. Short walk in Pupu Springs experience this fresh spring like no other
- Pupu Valley Tramp Pupu Valley walk follows a race used to sluice the gold away from the rock and dirt. Pupu Valley walk is quite stunning and water race is something to see.
- Riwaka Resurgence Walk Takaka Hill, rising high above you it has a network of cracks and caves
- St Arnaud Range The jewel of NZ. A beautiful alpine Glacial lake, cool in the winter and hot in the summer.
- The Grove Canyon Walk On the Grove Canyon walk see NZ Rata and Pohutukawa trees growing on top of large slabs of Lime stone rock. The Grove Canyon walk is a short really interesting walk.
- Abel Tasman National Park Coastal Track Abel Tasman walk is totally fantastic, there is no better walk than the Abel Tasman track, home to New Zealands best day walks.
- Queen Charlotte Sounds Track Looking for New Zealand walks? A great hiking experience is the Queen Charlotte Sounds Track in the Marlborough region of New Zealand.
- Sawcut Gorge Sawcut Gorge is a great hiking track in New Zealand. If you're looking for New Zealand walks, look no further.
- Subscribe You can be alerted when we update our New Zealand hiking information by signing up to our mailing list on this page.
© 2007 Tramping Tracks, P.O. Box 421, Whakatane, New Zealand.
Reproduction of any part of this web site including all photos is prohibited without the express permission of Tramping Tracks.
Google, Google Maps, and Google Earth are trademarks of Google Inc